- The Icebreaker Merino Wool Bliss Wrap – have I mentioned before that I love Merino wool for traveling? It’s lightweight, wicks sweat, is fast-drying, doesn’t hold odor or wrinkle, and helps regulate your body temperature better than cotton. Wool keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and the versatility of this wrap makes it a great companion for traveling through difference climates, layering, or just keeping you warm on a chilly airplane.
- Ear buds – The standard life-saver for talkative seat-mates, tuning out street noise, or keeping up with a favorite podcast abroad. I stash a pair in my desk at work, in my purse, and in my car, because you never know when you’ll need a pair.
- Passport Holder – Passport holders are never a necessity, but they do make for cuter airport Instagram pictures. Since it’s not something a budget traveler would likely buy for herself, it makes the perfect little gift.
- Vera Bradley Weekender – I love Vera Bradley weekender bags. They’re roomy, full of pockets, include a loop for slipping over the handle of your roller bag for easier airport maneuvering, and can be tossed in the washing machine if they get dirty. I love the bright prints because it helps me distinguish my bag from the myriad of others and spot it before it’s passed me on the luggage conveyor.
- Starbucks VIA packets – These little packets of instant coffee are awesome for a travel bug with a love for caffeine. I need coffee almost immediately upon waking up in order to function like a normal human, but sometimes the constraints of traveling impede my immediate consumption of lattes. Or, even worse – I’m staying with someone who doesn’t have a coffee maker!! Gah, the atrocity! Having a few of these in your bag and access to hot water can save the day.
- LifeProof Case for iPhone – My iPhone is one of my handiest travel gadgets, and since I use it as my phone, GPS, camera, and computer so often, I like a case that protects it from bumps, drops, scratches, water, cold, and sand while I pursue the next adventure.
- EOS Organic Lip Balm – Not all chap stick is created equal. These, specifically, are awesome for a travel junkie because they are all natural and don’t melt! Perfect for keeping one in your car, one in your coat pocket, and one in your purse.