This weekend, I’m road tripping up to New York City with 3 friends to spend Halloween in the Boroughs. We’re staying with a friend I know from college in Astoria, and it will be my first time in Queens. I’m incredibly excited for brunching, rainbow bagels, and passing a cat-ear headband off as my “costume.” You’ll get the full update on how much it costs to drive to New York from Washington, D.C. and all the adventure details when I return, but for now here’s what I’m packing for 36 hours in the Big Apple.
Our little group decided to dress in all black so that we can be out and about all day and night without worrying about costumes. We have matching cat-ear headbands to put on in the evening, though! So, clearly, my bag is mostly black… never an issue for me!
- Black skinny jeans, because they go with everything.
- Black suede booties with a chunky heel, because they’re comfy enough to walk in but can go from late-morning brunch to partying all night.
- A black statement top for Saturday night. Mine is actually a v-neck sweater with a sheer back, and I’ll throw my Helmut Lang leather moto jacket over top
- A slouchy, oversized sweater and infinity scarf for hangover bagels and the drive home on Sunday.
- My favorite Charles David metalic bronze suede boots. They instantly jazz up a sweatshirt with embellished sleeves for Friday night and will give my feet a break on Sunday.
- As always, my Longchamp as my trusty weekend-trip purse, and I’ll have a back-up iPhone charger stashed in there.
- Kate Spade leather purse, because Fall is Leather Weather and I’m piling it on.
If you’re eager for NYC visit tips, check out details from previous trips here and here. Follow me on Instagram (button on the page) for snippets of the whole girls trip and all of our Spooktacular adventures.